Five years ago, the role of Marketing Operations was not all that prevalent. Today, that role is the essential glue that holds together many marketing organizations.
Marketing operations professionals are charged with monitoring, measuring, and analyzing the effectiveness of marketing initiatives as they relate to the overall company’s goals. Hubspot
- Meghan, you wear a lot of hats. Can you talk about your day-to-day role at 451 Research: “On a day-to-day basis, I help work on anything from..
- creating and editing website content
- sending out email campaigns
- organizing social media
- planning live events
- planning digital events like webinars
- working with internal teams to get things sorted out, all types of decisions you have to make on a daily basis
- and everything in between.”
- Of all those things, what is your favorite part of the day?: “My favorite part of the day is in the morning before people start freaking out about everything that they think is going to go wrong in the day. It’s when I get my work done.”
- Some of the biggest challenges you face on an ongoing basis? “I would say, we’re a relatively young marketing organization within our company, I think a lot of the challenges revolve around the new types of programs and new types of things with your Marketing.”
- A big trend today is Account Based Marketing. Where do you see that fitting in with 451 Research in the next 12-24 months? “I think 451 has always taken an account based approach to everything we do…even if we didn’t realize we were doing it at the time and before it was a buzzword in marketing. Right now, we’re trying to turn that individual approach that we take with a lot of our clients and accounts, and turn that into a program that we can run on a regular basis in a systemic way.”
- You are a superstar marketer. Now if you were a superstar singer and you had to perform one song on American Idol, what would that be? “ ‘I Will Always Love You,’ Whitney Houston.”
You can follow Meghan on LinkedIn.