Text formatted emails are like zombies–dead, but not really dead.
We have released ten marketing automation tips to make you a little more productive. Like presents, some are small, some are big–but enjoy them all.
Yes, text formatted emails are being read with the frequency of physical dictionaries. However, marketers still can not forget they exists. Also, with the proliferation of mobile devices and the launch of the Apple Watch and other wrist devices, some feel plain text messages may be making a comeback.
For the small portion of the population receiving text emails, you don’t want to send out text like “This is a text version, Fill out text information here.”
I’d recommend not spending too much time formatting your text version but here are a few quick tips to improve your results. Both should take 5-10 minutes at the end of your HTML creation process.
1) Put links on their own lines. This will decrease the chances of the link breaking in the email and improve the copy’s readability. If you auto converted the copy from the HTML version, pull the link out of the sentence and place it below the paragraph.
2) Use special characters like ************ to Make CTAs stick out. Marketers can use images and bolded copy to call out CTAs in HTML versions. These features don’t exist in text versions so use some kind of symbol to make your CTA stand out.
Bad Example – Poor Readability/CTA Does Not Stand Out
Good Example – Clear CTA
Other Tips from the Series
- Tip #1 – Add Time Zone Link to Webinar Invites
- Tip #2 – Improve Your Global Form Experience
- Tip #3 – Build Reusable Offers With Snippets
- Tip #4 – Celebrate Wins and Build Alignment with Sales
- Tip #5 – Arm Sales with Intelligence with Sales Insight
- Tip #6 – Don’t Forget Your Plain Text Email
- Tip #7 – Put Down the Pepto: Reduce Marketing Automation Stress
- Tip #8 – Gain Insight into Your Lead Lifecycle with Date Stamping
- Tip #9 – Cut Marketing Effort in Half with Program Tokens
- Tip #10 – Improve Results with Global Suppression Lists